- To increase quality of cooperation
- Instrument for sharing the best practices between the EU and partner countries;
- A tool for promotion of interconnections with the EU Eastern neighbouring countries aimed at removing the barriers (with regard to both transport infrastructure and market integration aspects);
- LeadPartnerfordevelopment of green corridors in BSR (flagship project)inthenew Commission staff Working document (2013-2015);
- Platform for discussions on policies and reforms necessary for better market integration.
To support innovation and research within the transport sector
- Together with national transport agencies, universities and research institutions, establish an EWTC R&D platform (incubators in cooperation with universities, development of inter modal tech solutions etc.)
- Initiate pilot projects and case studies
- Facilitate the creation of cooperation platforms and clusters
- Identify and communicate needs for future competences among the workforce within the transport sector
EWTCA LONG-TERM ACTIONS
EWTCA as a key driver:
- for further EWTC development and promotion of cooperation among the stakeholders along the corridor;
- for the dissemination of European good practices in freight logistics and green transport in BSR, as well as in the Eastern
- Neighborhoud countries;
- LeadPartnerfordevelopmentofgreencorridornetworkin BSR.
Establishment of international research center on green transport corridors development.