East – West Transport Corridor Association (EWTCA) Odessa FORUM 2013
„Extending transport links and operations between Baltic –Black sea region in framework of the EU Eastern Neighbouring Policy“
28/29 May 2013
Address: Hotel Bristol, Pushkinskaya Street 15, Odesa, 65026, Ukraina
Conference hall «Grinvich»
The Forum aims to promote the dialogue between the main stakeholders of two regions on the following issues: development co-operation in framework of the EU Eastern Neighbourhood Policy, extending transport links and operations between the Baltic-Black sea regions, strengthening EWTCA as tool for the interregional co-operation; closer market integration build on established research and innovations partnership; to search for common position and to find common answers to the challenges related to interoperability of transport management system.
Main topics of the Forum:
• Practical cases of industrial and trade co-operation between Baltic and Black Sea region;
• Improving the intermodal freight connections/linking sea and inland terminals;
• The role of logistics centers along Black sea – Baltic sea region;
• Experience of transport logistics operators in the Baltic and Black Sea regions;
• Global intermodal freight logistics – opportunities for railways;
• Transit potential of the Republic of Belarus potential in expending operations between the Baltic – Black sea regions;
• Development of “green corridors” using advanced technology and co-modality in order to achieve higher levels of energy efficiency and reduce environmental impact;
• Promoting good governance and exchange of best practices related to the reduction of barriers and simplification of border-crossing procedures along the international;
• New developments of the concepts of “single window” and “one-stop administrative shop” along Baltic – Black sea link.
• The role of new technologies in the border crossing procedures;
• Hard and soft development in EWTC from Swedish side;
• IT – driving force of interregional connections.
Conditions of participation: Free of charge.
Target audience: Railway companies, forwarders, terminal operators, Maritime companies, port authorities and companies, representatives of public authorities, transport researchers.
Main Organizers: Secretariat of EWTCA, JSC PLASKE.
Co-financing by EC Regional Fund